In this course we are going to develop data base of Learning Management System that will facilitate the students in their online learning using Database concepts. Our system includes all the features that a modern Learning Management System should have we will focus mainly on its those aspects which are directly related to students these are,
- Content Management System
- Assignment Submission System
- Moderated Discussion Board System
The explanation of these three systems is given below,
- Content Management System:
Our content management system provides students course contents that are accessible online. It will be implemented in the form of lessons for each course and each lesson will have different types of contents like online html contents, PowerPoint slides, and PDF handouts.
- Assignment Submission System:
Our online assignment submission system will enable the student to download / upload their assignments.
- Moderated Discussion Board System:
Our Moderated Discussion Board System will enable the students to post their lecture related queries related to each lesson on online discussion board. It will also have a graded Moderated Discussion board feature that will have certain weight age and will be marked.
The tasks you have to do are:
- You have to identify the main Entities for this system.
- You have to find out the Attributes of these Entities.
- You will have to find the Relationship among those Entities.
- You will make a final comprehensive diagram consisting of all Entities, Attributes and their relationships along with their respective Primary Key.
Note: Use all concepts you have studied so far about ER-model in lecture number 7 to onwards. You can use any tool for drawing like MS Office or Visio.
Important things to consider:
- As happens in real world that everyone visualize a problem in different way so the solutions of all students should be according to their own thinking not taken from some source.
- As this is preliminary phase of our system so it is recommended that you identify as much Entities and their relationships as you can some of them may be eliminated in next assignments.